Head Over Heels is Hiring!
Do you have an athletic arts background and love working with children of all ages? Would you like to work in a fun, fast paced atmosphere amongst great people who also have a passion for passing on their knowledge of their chosen sport? Head Over Heels Athletic Arts could be right for you!
We have full-time and part-time availability for:
Head Over Heels Athletic Arts (HOH), located in Emeryville, CA, has been providing a positive athletic experience for families since 1977. We teach preschool and recreational gymnastics and gymnastics for special needs children. HOH is also home to four nationally competing gymnastics teams. We are looking for dependable individuals to join our customer service team. Ours is a fast paced, collaborative, fun environment where we take pride in getting to know our client families. You’ll be on the phones a lot, interacting with our clients and their children, and performing a plethora of administrative tasks. If you thrive in this type of environment, we need you!
- Punctual, reliable, dependable
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and engaging personality
- Positive attitude
- Active listening skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent phone skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Ability to multi-task
- Basic computer skills
- Customer Service experience a MUST – Solid attention to detail and accuracy
- Sense of humor and fondness for children
- Evening & Weekend availability a MUST! (Most hours will be evenings and weekends)
- Bilingual is a plus, but not required
- Desire to learn basic gymnastics skills in order to work events such as Parents’ Night Out, seasonal camps, and birthday parties a plus but not necessary.
- Respond to customers with accuracy, efficiency, and quality
- Process customer enrollment and requests by telephone
- Relaying company policies with accuracy
- Resolve customer issues
- Process mailings
- Collaborate with others to solve problems
This is part-time, hourly position, 20-30 hours per week, with the possibility of a full time position. Our hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am – 8:30 pm and Saturday and Sunday 9 am – 5:30 pm.
To apply, please email email@example.com. PLEASE SPECIFY YOUR AVAILABILITY IN YOUR EMAIL. Compensation starts at $15 /hour. We are looking for immediate employment. PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE GYM ABOUT THIS POSITION.
Thank you for your interest, we look forward to hearing from you!
We are currently seeking experienced coaches to teach afternoon, evening, and weekend pre-school, recreational, and competitive artistic or XCEL gymnastic classes to students aged 2 to 14.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide safe, quality instruction to classes of 6 to 8 students
- Respond to messages from management team regarding availability for additional hours including subbing, camps, and birthday parties
The following are preferred:
- Punctual, reliable, energetic, able to work well on a team, and willing to learn
- Available afternoons, evenings, and weekends
- Personal experience with gymnastics, trampoline, and/or tumbling
- Strong communication skills and willingness to be a positive role model for kids
Training is available for applicants with a strong athletic background or Early Childhood Development education.
Compensation will depend on experience and versatility.
If you are interested in joining the Head Over Heels team and meet the above criteria, please email cover letter and resume to Eva Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Summary: Recreational Coaches are responsible for planning, leading, and facilitating camp programming and experiences for children ages 3 -12 in small group settings (1:12 ratio). They will also be responsible for the general safety, development, and skill achievement of the participants in his/her group. Coaches are expected to maintain a high level of energy and positivity throughout each week of camp. We are looking for people who genuinely love to work with children and enjoy teaching. Child development studies a plus, gymnastics background a bonus, but not required.
We will provide excellent training to all our staff to ensure you are confident and ready to coach on the floor.
- Assume responsibility all for campers’ safety and well-being
- Know where campers are at all times
- Enforce proper sign-in and sign-out protocol for all campers
- Administer first-aid when needed
- Properly and appropriately handle camper discipline and behavioral issues
- Assist with daily and weekly camp clean-up
- Lead camp games, warm-up, and activity rotations
- Enforce camp rules, policies, and guidelines
- Be punctual and organized
- Problem solve through situations as much as possible, seeking guidance when necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Attend scheduled training and meetings
- Work to create a fun, positive camp experience for all campers
- Demonstrate a genuine interest in all campers and get to know each of them
- Serve as a positive role model for young children
- Participate enthusiastically
- Have fun!
- Previous gymnastic experience a plus; not required
- Experience working with children
- Genuine interest in working with young children
- Fun and Energetic
- Able to take and follow direction
- Positive attitude
- Must attend mandatory camp on-boarding training
- Must pass a background check
Salary: Hourly $14 – $17
Available Camp Hours: M-F // 8 AM – 5:30 PM // Flexible start & end times
To apply, send Resume and cover letter to: Vanessa@hohathleticarts.com.
Head Over Heels Athletic Arts (HOH), located in Emeryville, CA, has been providing a positive athletic experience for families since 1977. We teach preschool and recreational gymnastics and gymnastics for special needs children as well as dance. HOH is also home to four nationally competing gymnastics teams.