YEARS WITH HEAD OVER HEELS: since 2002
WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
Creativity, Positivity, Originality, Change following Adversity
People who are the best in their field inspire me because they are almost always extremely passionate, hardworking and determined.
WHAT ATTRACTED YOU TO ATHLETICS AND WORKING WITH CHILDREN?
I think I came out of the womb flipping! Athletics has always made me feel good. The ability to manipulate your body to perform physical endeavors is fascinating.
I always knew that I’d do something working with kids for my profession. I’m drawn to their high energy, curiosity and out of the box thinking. Watching them learn and develop new skills is enjoyable. Being able to share my athletic knowledge and passion to the next generation is amazing.
WHAT DO YOU LOVE MOST ABOUT ATHLETIC ARTS?
Gymnastics has always been the love of my life. It’s beauty in motion when done correctly. What I love most is the individuality that can be expressed through the movements. Whether an athlete is fluid and flexible or muscular and fast, they can do the same skill technically correct, but still have their own style.
- Executive Director of Head Over Heels Athletic Arts since 2006
- Increased revenues $800K (2007) to $ 3M+ (2017)
- Business Expansion – 2nd location opened in 2015
- Strategic Planning
- Manage 60+ employees – 25 F/T, 40 P/T
- Ongoing program analysis to improve quality and increase annual revenue
- Provide Employee benefits – On-site childcare, Medical and Dental Insurance, Retirement plans
- Head Coach of Mexican National team at the 2018 World Championships & Pan American Games
- Coach of International Elites 2016 – Ongoing
- NorCal Optional Coach of the Year (2011 – 2012)
- Coached JO Nationals Competitors (2006 – Ongoing)
- Coached many State, Regional and National Champions (2010 – Ongoing)
- Level 10 ranked judging official
- Certifications – USAG National Coach, CPR, Safety Certified
- Attendee at Regional & National Congress, Clinics and Camps (Ongoing)
- Region 1 Balance Beam Clinician
- NCAA Academic All-American Team 2000 – 2002
- Full Athletic Scholarship to UC Berkeley 1999 – 2003
Coach of athletes who have received full athletic scholarships to:
UCLA, Cal, Arizona State, Washington, San Jose State, & University of Arizona